Pursuant to New York State Energy Law § 9-103, the Town of Philipstown, Putnam County, New York, is soliciting proposals for installation of a Solar Energy System for the Town Recreation Center located at 107 Glenclyffe Drive, Garrison, New York 10524.
The Town of Philipstown requires a vendor to enter into a 20-year Solar Power Purchase Agreement for the provision and installation of a solar panel system on the Town Recreation Center located at 107 Glenclyffe Drive, Garrison, New York 10524.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR PROJECT:
Provision of a turn- key Ballasted Solar Photovoltaic System on either a sale, rental or lease-to-own basis (proposal may include any or all three of the said options) installed on the roof of the Philipstown Recreation Center using an array of approximately 306 solar panels or the equivalent. The system should be at least a 120,870 kw system.
Please note that this is a prevailing wage project in regard to any installation or construction work, and that vendors must be Equal Opportunity Employers and conform to the Town’s Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy.
INFORMATION TO BE INCLUDED IN PROPOSALS:
All proposals must in writing and include, at a minimum, the following information:
1. The name, address, phone and email contact of the vendor and, if available, the vendor’s website address;
2. A description of the proposed Solar Energy System and the manner in which it will be installed on the Town Recreation Center Roof;
3. A copy or summary of the proposed Solar Power Purchase Agreement, including the warranties provided;
4. A statement of the proposed contract pricing;
5. A brief statement of the vendor’s background and experience in solar power;
6. A list of representative purchasers of solar energy systems from the vendor in New York State.
7. A statement confirming that the applicant is an Equal Opportunity Employer and conforms to the Town’s Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy.
The Town reserves the right to request additional information or clarification from those submitting responses as the Town may see fit.
The selection process will be based on responses to this RFP. However, the ultimate decision on an award of the contract will be wholly within the discretion of the Town Board and in accordance with the Town’s procurement policy.
The Town reserves the right to reject all proposals received, as well as the right to waive any inconsistencies or omissions in proposals received. The Town further reserves the right to communicate and negotiate with any and all vendors in regard to terms and conditions of the proposed Solar Power Purchase Agreement.
DUE DATE FOR PROPOSALS:
All proposals must be submitted to and received by the Town of Philipstown Town Clerk, P.O. Box 155, Cold Spring, New York 10516 no later than 2:00 p.m. on the 24th day of February, 2021.
Questions regarding this request for proposals may be addressed to Richard Shea, Town Supervisor, Town of Philipstown, Old VFW Hall, 34 Kemble Avenue, Cold Spring, NY, 10516, Tel. No. (845) 265-5200; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.